Friday, August 8, 2008

A conversation with Miriam

As Miri gets older, she is becoming more articulate...and hilarious. Here is a conversation she had with Cole yesterday:

Miri: I want another banana.
Me: Eat the one in your bowl (not only do we not have anymore, but she has had this partially eaten banana in her breakfast bowl two days in a row).
Miri: No! It's yucky.
Me: It's fine, see (I take a bite).
Miri: Yuck! I want some cake.
Me: No cake, eat your banana.
Miri: No! Cake!
Me: No. You're not getting anything else until you eat that banana.
Miri: I want juice!
Me: Eat your banana first.
Miri: Grrr! *sticks out tongue*
Me: Well I guess your not that hungry.
Miri: I want butter bread.
Me: No, you let Frippen eat the piece I gave you before. Eat your banana.

A few moments pass....

Miri: I'll be right back. (she picks up banana) Momma, I'll be _right_ back_.
Me: Okay, where are you going?

Miri walks into kitchen and opens the silverware drawer.

Me: Miri, what are you doing? You aren't supposed to be in there.

She gets a small paring knife, I move swiftly toward her.

Me: Miri, you aren't supposed to have knives, put that down.
Miri: I do it. I cut the banana.
Me: Why are you cutting the banana? Let me help. (I cut a little bit off the top)
Miri: Thank you Momma. (She then happily proceeds to eat the "yucky" banana.)

What on Earth was all that about?!? The offensive banana suddenly becomes desirable with a sliver cut off the top? I'm not entirely sure who won that arguement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, just wait till she hits 13. Then it will definitely be Miri winning :)

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahaha! With my little demons, it's the end of the banana, y'know the little nub that has a slightly greyish spot in the middle?

Terrifying, these fruits these days!